Security, Updates & Monitoring
WordPress is the CMS (Content Management System) that stands head and shoulders above all others: great SEO, ease of use, the community. Moreover, it is extremely dynamic and may therefore always uses the latest software and most recent internet trends. It is this flexibility and the fact that the applied functions (plugins) written and maintained by different people that WordPress is susceptible to irregularities and security problems.
The advantages of regular maintenance:
- To ensure all functions continue to work and to improved them
- To perform regular WordPress and plugin updates for functionality and security
- To protect your system from malware and hackers
- To prevent problems by monitoring
- To have extensive backup possibilities when needed
- To keep in touch with the specific ins and outs of your site or multi-site
- To assure functionality by Analysis & Advisory Reports
Concerning your website and from the perspective of the developer, maintenance represents rather the heart of the matter than a necessary evil: it is one thing to make a beautiful website, but a completely different one to ensure that it continues to function as intended and with the passage of time even to improve these functions. Maintenance prevents high costs and avoids problems, whether your website generates income for you or whether it represents a passion (or both!).
A good example is the contact form, present on almost every website: a simple feature that represents the important role of connecting customer and company. It is absolutely essential, but who ever thinks to regularly check the proper functioning? Right!
It is for these reasons that we have created the module WordPress Maintenance, which consists of four parts providing the basis of a good website:
- Security: firewall, spam filter, general tweaking
- Backup program: including daily backups of database network and each seperate site, monthly manual FTP backup
- Updates: biweekly updates of WordPress and plugins
- Monitoring: real-time (!) monitoring of security and performance of your website
Added to the maintenance contract is a discount of 25% on the hourly rate for emergencies as well.
- Single website or Multi-site main domain: €150 per 3 months
- Multi-site: each additional website from €50 per 3 months
Hourly off hours rate within module: €35, without: €45.
Related: Maintenance Plus, Google Analytics addition the WordPress Maintenance module.
Including daily backups of database network and each separate site, monthly manual FTP backup.
In order to ensure good functioning and security WordPress and it’s plugins need to be updated regularly. WordPress Maintenance provides this biweekly. We update manually and after updating functionality is checked.
- Familiarizing with update chages
- Backup database
- Turn debug on FTP
- Rename plugins folder
- Restore plugins folder
- Check functionality
- Checklist security in case of WP update
- Fix possible irregularities
- Make new restore point DB backup
We use the following software to monitor and protext your website:
- Wordfence pro
- gtMetrix pro
This means we get notified when:
- An unauthorized person or bot is trying to access your website
- In case of malware or spam
- If there is s change in loading speed or size of the website (often a first sign of problems)
- Your website is down
This way we can act immediately and always determine the origin of the problem.